December 26, 2005
In Montana’s dying farm country, "vanguard agriculture" is putting people back to work on the land. Also in this issue: Concerned citizens overflow a meeting in Delta, Colo., as a crucial deadline for protecting roadless areas in national forests nears.
- Richard Crow on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Richard Crow on An interview with the first African-American president of the Sierra Club
- Richard Crow on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Tom Darnell on After one record-setting wildfire, a Washington county prepares for more
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change