But as Jenkins points out, the "money and power" reside in Las Vegas. Indeed, the Southern Nevada Water Authority is paying the costs of the environmental impact statement and using hydrology studies that they created in-house. If they are as concerned about the science as they claim, they could provide the funding for White Pine County to fund an independent study.
Though we have the moral high ground and righteous indignation by the tons, we need help. Anyone interested in assisting us with scientific knowledge, manpower or monetary contributions, please contact the following: Snake Valley Citizens Alliance, Jamille Baker, P.O. Box 125, Baker, NV 89311, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denys M. Koyle
- Joan E. Miller on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Warren Anderson on An ardent defender of North Dakota's badlands wonders if it's time to leave
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?