Next, regarding the disposal of cremation ashes — my feeling is that it is criminal to bury humans in nonbiodegradable containers (HCN, 9/5/05: The meeting of heaven and earth). What does "dust to dust" mean, anyway? We are biomass, just like any other organic form that decomposes and feeds the earth. How anthropocentric can we get, that we feel so holy that we deprive the earth of our personal nutrient value? In my view, being exposed to the elements and eaten by critters is the only truly honest and loving way to go.
- Deb Dedon on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- Deb Dedon on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Daniel Smith on A door squeaks open for rural energy independence
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Rick Beauheim on EPA says fracking could contaminate drinking water