Next, regarding the disposal of cremation ashes — my feeling is that it is criminal to bury humans in nonbiodegradable containers (HCN, 9/5/05: The meeting of heaven and earth). What does "dust to dust" mean, anyway? We are biomass, just like any other organic form that decomposes and feeds the earth. How anthropocentric can we get, that we feel so holy that we deprive the earth of our personal nutrient value? In my view, being exposed to the elements and eaten by critters is the only truly honest and loving way to go.
- Jerry Unruh on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Louis F Good on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Harvey H Reading on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Betsy McFarlan on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Harvey H Reading on Don't blame bark beetles for fire risk