Likewise, the fact that traditionally trained scientists cannot replicate and validate the results of nonlinear processes affecting nonlinear natural systems should surprise no one. The complex science that will underpin natural resource management 20 years from now is still in its infancy. The question of the day, again, is not whether these "new ranchers" can restore their landscapes but why are we, the greater society, afraid to let them?
Marys River Ranch, Nevada
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day