Likewise, the fact that traditionally trained scientists cannot replicate and validate the results of nonlinear processes affecting nonlinear natural systems should surprise no one. The complex science that will underpin natural resource management 20 years from now is still in its infancy. The question of the day, again, is not whether these "new ranchers" can restore their landscapes but why are we, the greater society, afraid to let them?
Marys River Ranch, Nevada
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands