June 27, 2005
A writer takes a 1,600-mile Greyhound bus ride from Salt Lake City into Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington, and listens to the stories of the Westerners he meets. Also in this issue: The Bureau of Land Management is tightening its standards on what it considers worthwhile, "substantive" public comments from citizen activists.
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans