May 2, 2005
Colorado citizens voted last November to increase their state’s reliance on power from the wind and sun, but King Coal still rules the state, and the White House seems determined to keep it on the throne. Also in this issue: Utah has finally convinced the Department of Energy to move the Atlas uranium mine tailings pile from its site just north of Moab, where the tailings are leaking into the Colorado River.
- David W Hamilton on Meet the new advocates for the West
- David W Hamilton on Judge strikes down BLM fracking rule
- David W Hamilton on Federal-lands ranching: A half-century of decline
- Josh Zaffos on Meet the new advocates for the West
- Mark Rozman on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply