September 27, 2004
The battle over Northwestern old-growth forests is raging again, but behind the scenes, some locals are trying to make peace. Also in this issue: In Wyoming, Gov. Dave Freudenthal tries to put the brakes on the oil and gas leasing rush, but the drilling frenzy continues across the West.
- Ben DeJarnette on A millennial mayor and his timber town
- Pam Roylance on Photos: Inside the controversial sport of coyote coursing
- Ed Morrow on Thousands of fish die in Colorado, amid flood recovery projects
- Richard Jones on National Park Week fails to change the game
- Kyle Gardner on Photos: Inside the controversial sport of coyote coursing