Based on a novel by Native American writer and poet Adrian Louise, Skins centers on two brothers who live on the Pine Ridge Sioux Reservation in South Dakota. Lauded by film critics, who say the story breaks the stereotypes of Indian alcoholics, Skins reflects the realities of contemporary reservation life.
The movie opened in theaters nationwide on Oct. 11. Eyre's next movie, Skinwalkers, based on Tony Hillerman's novel about two Navajo detectives, opens on the PBS Mystery series on Nov. 24. For more information, visit the official Skins homepage at www.firstlookpictures.com/films/skins/index.html.
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands