I really loved Hal Walter's piece on llamas (HCN, 8/19/96). I hope it will dispel the myth about the world's most over-rated beast.
As for Chris Ransick on Rock Springs, he's full of shit. There is an excellent diner (cum Chinese) on Elk Street. I've no idea who Poiesis is, but I hope she and Chris stay in Colorado. And as for the llama in the TV room, I bet I know what happened when it got up.
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane