I really loved Hal Walter's piece on llamas (HCN, 8/19/96). I hope it will dispel the myth about the world's most over-rated beast.
As for Chris Ransick on Rock Springs, he's full of shit. There is an excellent diner (cum Chinese) on Elk Street. I've no idea who Poiesis is, but I hope she and Chris stay in Colorado. And as for the llama in the TV room, I bet I know what happened when it got up.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town