A collection of High Country News articles concerning public policy and the environment.
Although the money in the Land and Water Conservation Trust Fund is usually taken for other purposes, this year Congress has agreed to spend the conservation trust fund for land and water conservation.
Failure to meet the new requirements can trigger serious economic consequences for some communities.
Will an unprecedented collaborative effort and lots of tax dollars be enough to finally save sage grouse?
Obama mothballed the nuclear waste storage project. Now some Republicans seem determined to bring it back out.
The Montana Farmers Union is fighting political polarization with pragmatic discussions about how to adapt and what to expect.
- Steve Snyder on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Kelly Cooper on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steven Childs on It's time to kill my own food
- Steven Childs on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- Daniel Greenstadt on A trail runner defends his right to public lands