Sign up for the HCNU classroom program
Professors and students tell us that HCN is a tremendous resource for their classes and collegiate study. Simply fill out the form below and receive for FREE:
- 8 issues per semester (delivered in bulk to the mailing address)
- An email to the professor the week of the issue, noting the table of contents and the upcoming stories -- for planning purposes
- Access to HCN digital archives -- a rich 45-year history of High Country News
- Access to our HCN librarian to aggregate story lists for concentrated study of a topic
If you have any issues with this form, please contact our HCNU classroom program coordinator Gretchen King.
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Tom Gandesbery on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land