This intense fire was set by Forest Service fire managers over the objection of local managers and residents. It burned Old Growth and created accelerated erosion but did nothing to stop the wildfire burning miles away.
- Doug Johnson on In this season of potential megaburns, nix the campfire
- The Taylors on Latest: The BLM to study surgical sterilization of wild horses
- Marcia Ewell on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- Charles Fox on Federal coal leasing needs a major overhaul
- Carl Reese on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply