Like most Americans, I can't say I know much about the governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin.
But I have read that during her relatively brief tenure, she's been a reformer who fought to raise taxes on oil companies, and then used the money to distribute $1,200 checks to Alaska residents.
This could be a winning tactic for the GOP ticket if they promise to do this on a national scale, but for some reason, I suspect it won't be part of the platform.
- Frances Hohl on How Outward Bound lost, and found, itself
- Dale Lockwood on Right-wing militant charged for planting a bomb at BLM building
- Karl Anderson on Evicted by climate change
- Joe Cosentino on Arizona Rep. Grijalva targets extremism on public lands
- Karl Anderson on Arizona Rep. Grijalva targets extremism on public lands