From the Blogs
American Indians comprise a significant proportion of eligible voters in the Western swing states. Can they help swing them for Obama?
From anti-abortion activists to 9/11 conspiracy theorists to Hillary supporters, the convention is hopping with protesters.
The High Country News team has landed in Denver. Stay tuned for more under-the-radar coverage from the Democratic National Convention.
How the timber industry controls public opinion about wildfire and the role of logging in reducing or exacerbating wildfire risk.
A Bush administration proposal to change Endangered Species Act regulations is bad news for listed species.
Paul Hoffman, a high-ranking Interior official, resigns -- leaving a mucky trail of pro-business, pro-religion decisions.
Will Steve Pearce's hippie-hating anti-environmentalism win the hearts and minds of New Mexico voters?
Ron Wyden and Peter DeFazio are planning legislation to protect Old Growth while accelerating "thinning" on Oregon's national forests.
Somewhere there must be an inclusive word for one who cherishes the country without turning it into a fatherland, motherland or homeland.
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Dave Cichan on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution