Items by Wayne Hare
The second edition of John Ravage's book, Black Pioneers: Images of the Black Experience on the North American Frontier, illuminates the roles blacks played in settling the West.
Unhappy campers or rabid animals don't scare the author, but the pervasive influence of the NRA sure does.
Wayne Hare, a ranger for the Bureau of Land Management, says giving hiring preference to minorities in federal jobs is just a myth.
As an African-American, Wayne Hare appreciates Black History Month, but looks forward to a time when the U.S. can celebrate its identity as a nation of non-hyphenated Americans.
- Angela Sondenaa on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Tom Bleuer on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Steve Scearce on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Jonathan Thompson on Was the Bears Ears designation a victory?
- Randy Albright on Industrial solar shortcomings