Items by Wayne Hare
The second edition of John Ravage's book, Black Pioneers: Images of the Black Experience on the North American Frontier, illuminates the roles blacks played in settling the West.
Unhappy campers or rabid animals don't scare the author, but the pervasive influence of the NRA sure does.
Wayne Hare, a ranger for the Bureau of Land Management, says giving hiring preference to minorities in federal jobs is just a myth.
As an African-American, Wayne Hare appreciates Black History Month, but looks forward to a time when the U.S. can celebrate its identity as a nation of non-hyphenated Americans.
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas