Items by Traci J. Macnamara
John Nichols’ latest novel tells the story of an aging writer who wants to climb one last peak to redeem his mistakes and restore his relationship with his children.
Two new books tackle the mystery of Everett Ruess, who vanished somewhere in the Four Corners region in 1934.
Laura Bell's new memoir, Claiming Ground, tells of her years spent working as a Wyoming sheepherder.
- Harold Johnson on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock
- Dana Powers on At Standing Rock, activists dig in on historic treaty land
- Dan Roper on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses
- Paul Fuhrmann on Bears Ears: Correcting an off-base argument
- Steve Snyder on What Obama can actually do about Standing Rock