Items by Traci J. Macnamara
John Nichols’ latest novel tells the story of an aging writer who wants to climb one last peak to redeem his mistakes and restore his relationship with his children.
Two new books tackle the mystery of Everett Ruess, who vanished somewhere in the Four Corners region in 1934.
Laura Bell's new memoir, Claiming Ground, tells of her years spent working as a Wyoming sheepherder.
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics
- Buck Drew on Chainsaw diplomacy