Items by Tay Wiles
The rancher still has influence in some circles, and has seen zero repercussions for trespass cattle and unpaid fees.
With the average age of farmers still rising, grants to help out newbies don't get to the root of the problem.
- Patrick Kelly on In Washington, the 'necessity defense' on trial alongside activists
- John W Stephens on A new and more dangerous Sagebrush Rebellion
- Butch Kallem on Should this national monument become a national park?
- Jim Scarborough on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Thomas Vonalten on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency