Items by Tay Wiles
The rancher still has influence in some circles, and has seen zero repercussions for trespass cattle and unpaid fees.
With the average age of farmers still rising, grants to help out newbies don't get to the root of the problem.
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane