Items by Stephen Trimble
Natural history teaches us how rapidly and irrevocably the world can change -- a fact we should bear in mind as we enter the new, human-dominated era some scientists call the Anthropocene.
Why not use the talents of unemployed photographers and other artistic types in a kind of Creative Conservation Corps?
Western writers offer a generous and inspired list of recommended reading for the president-elect, including a diverse collection of fiction and nonfiction.
Photographer Stephen Trimble offers suggestions for how citizens and communities can reinvent their relationship with the Western landscape.
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas