Items by Stephen Trimble
Natural history teaches us how rapidly and irrevocably the world can change -- a fact we should bear in mind as we enter the new, human-dominated era some scientists call the Anthropocene.
Why not use the talents of unemployed photographers and other artistic types in a kind of Creative Conservation Corps?
Western writers offer a generous and inspired list of recommended reading for the president-elect, including a diverse collection of fiction and nonfiction.
Photographer Stephen Trimble offers suggestions for how citizens and communities can reinvent their relationship with the Western landscape.
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Penelope Blair on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- W. Fred Sanders on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch