Items by Sarah Tory
Summer is always high season for fatal outdoor accidents, but increased lightning and heat seem to make it worse.
Scientists are trying to understand what’s released from the nation’s biggest energy producing regions.
The latest draft of the plan sets strict guidelines for approving new diversions over the Rocky Mountains.
Photographer Steven Gnam takes readers into the one of the most remote stretches of wilderness, along the ridge of the Northern Rockies.
Sen. John McCain's proposal would give Border Patrol more immediate access to sensitive borderlands.
A court settlement will make it harder for companies to hide chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing.
Republican lawmaker-turned-filmmaker, Jason Atkinson on why conservation doesn’t have to be a partisan issue.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road