Items by Sarah Gilman
While Oregon and Washington broil, the Southwest and Southern Rockies enjoy a welcome reprieve of moisture
As climate change sends bears searching for calories, new research suggests there's no substitute for seals.
How a gigantic federal bureaucracy is positioning itself to manage resources at a “landscape” level.
- Tom Schweich on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Adam Hannuksela on Tracking grazing’s impacts on bugs
- Carol Bartlett on Idaho and BLM flout conservation laws for fallen officers
- John W Stephens on Animas River spill: only the latest in 150 years of pollution
- Mark Bailey on Why is bad science protecting the Lower Snake River dams?