Items by Rebecca Huntington
Energy companies in Wyoming's Jonah Field are funding habitat preservation, but no one seems to know how the wildlife's doing.
The Pinedale Anticline Working Group was supposed to give citizens input on the local oil and gas boom, but it hasn’t worked out as planned.
In Idaho and Wyoming, old eminent domain laws allow private entities to condemn landowners’ property – as Peter and Judy Riede discovered when J.R. Simplot Co. announced plans to expand its phosphate mine and build a road across their ranch.
- william glasgow on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- James Angerer on What the West’s trees tell us
- Rodney B Proffitt on After years of drought and overuse, the San Luis Valley aquifer refills
- Tina Sanchez on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Ann Meisel on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West