Items by Randy Udall
Hydraulic fracturing is changing the energy industry -- and the entire nation -- in ways we’re only beginning to understand.
The economy is stuck in a ditch, but on climate change the U.S. is finally moving in the right direction.
With global warming threatening the planet, even environmentalists are looking more kindly at natural gas.
Vaclav Smil is a historian who exemplifies Vulcan-style logic and skepticism when it comes to easy solutions to energy problems.
The largest drilling boom in Western history is ending as new technologies make it easier to get shale gas from other parts of the country.
Randy Udall hopes this year’s cold and snowy winter reminds Rocky Mountain Westerners that the best way to stay warm is by conserving energy.
In the Rocky Mountains, a cold and snowy winter reminds Westerners that the best way to stay warm is by conserving energy.
Randy Udall says it’s high time the gas industry paid its fair share of severance taxes in Colorado.
Randy Udall says Colorado needs to act now to collect severance taxes from the natural gas companies that are making a fortune from the state.
- Steve Snyder on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Kelly Cooper on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steven Childs on It's time to kill my own food
- Steven Childs on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- Daniel Greenstadt on A trail runner defends his right to public lands