Items by Randy Udall
Hydraulic fracturing is changing the energy industry -- and the entire nation -- in ways we’re only beginning to understand.
The economy is stuck in a ditch, but on climate change the U.S. is finally moving in the right direction.
With global warming threatening the planet, even environmentalists are looking more kindly at natural gas.
Vaclav Smil is a historian who exemplifies Vulcan-style logic and skepticism when it comes to easy solutions to energy problems.
The largest drilling boom in Western history is ending as new technologies make it easier to get shale gas from other parts of the country.
Randy Udall hopes this year’s cold and snowy winter reminds Rocky Mountain Westerners that the best way to stay warm is by conserving energy.
In the Rocky Mountains, a cold and snowy winter reminds Westerners that the best way to stay warm is by conserving energy.
Randy Udall says it’s high time the gas industry paid its fair share of severance taxes in Colorado.
Randy Udall says Colorado needs to act now to collect severance taxes from the natural gas companies that are making a fortune from the state.
- Cherilyn Eagar on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Waddell on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Steve McCarthy on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution