Items by Randy Stapilus
Even as Oregon tries to deal with the chaos of Measure 37, which overturned the state’s old land-use regulations, "The Big Look," an attempt to revive and re-create planning laws, is quietly under way.
Across the West, anti-government activists from out of state are funding ballot measures that attack government spending and the judiciary as well as land-use planning
Oregon’s Measure 37 has been upheld by the state Supreme Court, but even developers and some property-rights activists say the issue remains unsettled
Critics say that FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program is encouraging development in flood-prone areas alongside Western rivers, such as the Rio Grande
Oregon’s controversial Measure 37, which de-clawed the state’s famous land-use regulations, has been ruled unconstitutional by a Marion County judge.
- Kelly Cooper on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steven Childs on It's time to kill my own food
- Steven Childs on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- Daniel Greenstadt on A trail runner defends his right to public lands
- Steve Snyder on A trail runner defends his right to public lands