Items by Randy Stapilus
Even as Oregon tries to deal with the chaos of Measure 37, which overturned the state’s old land-use regulations, "The Big Look," an attempt to revive and re-create planning laws, is quietly under way.
Across the West, anti-government activists from out of state are funding ballot measures that attack government spending and the judiciary as well as land-use planning
Oregon’s Measure 37 has been upheld by the state Supreme Court, but even developers and some property-rights activists say the issue remains unsettled
Critics say that FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program is encouraging development in flood-prone areas alongside Western rivers, such as the Rio Grande
Oregon’s controversial Measure 37, which de-clawed the state’s famous land-use regulations, has been ruled unconstitutional by a Marion County judge.
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Louis F Good on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Andy Grosland on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- W Bryan Dixon on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution