Items by Rachel Waldholz
The proposed redevelopment of San Francisco's Bayview neighborhood worries its longtime black residents, who fear gentrification will drive them out.
A small western Colorado town will be the subject of a study looking at the health impacts of natural gas.
A California condor chick hatches in Pinnacles National Monument, the first one born there in a century.
Complicated deals are being made over wilderness protection in Colorado and in San Juan County, Utah.
A nuclear power plant proposed for Green River, Utah, needs more water than might be available in this dry part of the world.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands