Items by Pat Wray
Hunters, gun owners and NRA members need an articulate spokesman, but a loudmouth like Ted Nugent is not the ideal candidate.
A lifetime member of the NRA is skeptical of the group's paranoia about President Obama’s gun-control plans.
Pat Wray is running for the board of the National Rifle Association because he believes it needs to start defending the wildlife and habitat that hunters need – not just the guns they use.
A group of hunters and fishermen visit Sen. Gordon Smith (R-Oregon) to ask him to sign on as a co-sponsor of the Lieberman-Warner bill to control greenhouse gas emissions.
Pat Wray loves hunting and agrees that off-road vehicles have their place, but, he says, hunting and ORVs do not go together.
A hunter and member of the National Rifle Association is angry at the way the group puts gun ownership above roadless areas, wildlife, and hunting
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Luwella Leonardi on Blood Quantum
- Alaina Huxtable on Blood Quantum