Items by Kurt Caswell
The photos and essays gathered in this collection of photographs and essays celebrate the austere beauty of a vast dry landscape.
A writer wanders the mountains north of McCall, Idaho, with Peruvian shepherds, their dogs and sheep.
In her first short story collection, From the Hilltop, Toni Jensen relies on her Metis heritage to explore American Indian life off the reservation.
Annie Proulx's memoir Bird Cloud and Gary Snyder's book-and-film project, The Etiquette of Freedom, unveil the private lives of two iconic Western writers.
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought