Items by Kurt Caswell
The photos and essays gathered in this collection of photographs and essays celebrate the austere beauty of a vast dry landscape.
A writer wanders the mountains north of McCall, Idaho, with Peruvian shepherds, their dogs and sheep.
In her first short story collection, From the Hilltop, Toni Jensen relies on her Metis heritage to explore American Indian life off the reservation.
Annie Proulx's memoir Bird Cloud and Gary Snyder's book-and-film project, The Etiquette of Freedom, unveil the private lives of two iconic Western writers.
- Harry Greene on The Pleistocene and the present don’t compute
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Penelope Blair on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- W. Fred Sanders on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline