Items by Krista Langlois
A historic legal victory could give Alaska tribes more control over their fish, wildlife and homelands.
Democratic candidate Misty Snow is progressive, transgender and, she says, increasingly representative of Utah.
A court ruling may force wolverines onto the endangered species list, and open the door for other animals threatened by climate change
Thousands of individuals in parks from Denali to Petrified Forest do little-known but essential jobs.
New regulations help wildlife on federal lands. But they’re still no match for state predator control.
The head of the Senate Energy Committee has crafted a comprehensive energy plan. But she left her most ambitious initiatives to be battled over separately.
- email@example.com on The new Malheur occupants: Grazing cattle
- Dana Powers on The tenuous fate of the Southwest’s last jaguars
- Mark DeGregorio on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Lael Bradshaw on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Steve Snyder on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?