Items by Kevin Taylor
A small band of enthusiasts wants to re-engineer Western waterways with the help of a humble, hardworking professional: the beaver.
You may not want to try this at home, but Spokane writer Kevin Taylor offers a traditional Mongolian holiday recipe – roasted marmot.
Diesel fuel – leaking from a massive railroad refueling depot –slips into a major drinking water aquifer on the Idaho-Washington border.
A judge’s ruling proves you can get a free lunch – at least, if you live in northern Idaho, and you like to eat roadkill
The writer advises readers to bring a fork if they drive through northern Idaho: Roadkill moose could be on the menu
The planned Superfund cleanup of Idaho's Lake Coeur d'Alene is taken from the EPA and given to a controversial new local commission, although the Coeur d'Alene Tribe says it will force the EPA to take back the project, if necessary.
At the Burning Man Festival in Nevada's Black Rock Desert, an eccentric city is created and then destroyed, and lives are sometimes changed along the way.
- Tom Darnell on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Steve Snyder on The darkness at the heart of Malheur
- Paul Fuhrmann on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty
- Mark Humphrey on The darkness at the heart of Malheur
- Mark Humphrey on Jury finds occupiers of Oregon wildlife refuge not guilty