Items by Ken Wright
The writer listens to a pitch for a $14,000 vacation timeshare and is amazed to find himself signing on the dotted line
David Petersen's "Elkheart: A Personal Tribute to Wapiti and Their World" is reviewed and excerpted.
Newspaper columnist Ed Quillen's new book, "Deep in the Heart of the Rockies," is a hefty helping of some of Quillen's "ravings" in defense of the real Colorado.
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Mark Rozman on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Mark Rozman on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Jerry King on In Washington, the 'necessity defense' on trial alongside activists
- Carmen Macdonald on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?