Items by Keith Easthouse
Alaska Republican Don Young puts pressure on Southwest Regional Forester Eleanor Towns to reveal which of her staffers may have ties to environmental groups.
Sam Hitt, a founding member of the Southwest Forest Alliance, is ousted from the group amid complaints about his extremism and refusal to compromise.
- Richard Crow on An interview with the first African-American president of the Sierra Club
- Richard Crow on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Tom Darnell on After one record-setting wildfire, a Washington county prepares for more
- Carol Bartlett on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico