Items by Keith Easthouse
Alaska Republican Don Young puts pressure on Southwest Regional Forester Eleanor Towns to reveal which of her staffers may have ties to environmental groups.
Sam Hitt, a founding member of the Southwest Forest Alliance, is ousted from the group amid complaints about his extremism and refusal to compromise.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town