Items by Kathleen Yale
In Luis Alberto Urrea's sequel to The Hummingbird's Daughter, the author continues his imagined story of his legendary Great-aunt Teresita, who was known as the Saint of Cabora.
Daniel Olivas' novel uses magical realism to describe the lives of a Mexican-American family in Los Angeles.
Melanie Rae Thon's short stories, gathered in her collection In This Light, paint a desolate and tender picture of the West.
- Todd Leeds on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Candy Odiorne on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Carol Bartlett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Matt Chew on The beaver whisperer
- Mike Sennett on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas