Items by Jonathan Thompson
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
HCN’ers get into the backcountry, editor Betsy Marston sees Berlin and art director Cindy Wehling takes a trip to Hawaii.
U.S. population has grown by 105 million people since 1970, yet we somehow shrank our water footprint.
Western grid operators can now buy backup power on a real-time, open market to smooth intermittent renewables.
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds
- Kevin Bates on A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands