Items by Jonathan Thompson
Documenting recreation on Instagram, Strava and YouTube is changing the way we experience the outdoors.
Scientists, planes and instruments descend on San Juan Basin to find roots of the massive greenhouse gas hotspot.
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Todd Vogel/Iversen on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point