Items by Jodi Peterson
Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt has tried to block rules reducing pollution and protecting water.
“Returning” lands to states has long been a party plank and a shifting political landscape could open the door.
With the bird’s non-listing under the Endangered Species Act, expect more of the legal crawl that got us here in the first place.
Will an unprecedented collaborative effort and lots of tax dollars be enough to finally save sage grouse?
A live High Country News panel event, readers get ready to vote in our public lands May Madness, and more.
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists