Items by Jodi Peterson and Betsy Marston
Two HCN stories win recent awards; summer visitors come to call; catching up with former intern Lisa McKhann.
The September board meeting raised questions about how big HCN should be; artists and activists visit us.
Ray Ring wins another award; visitors; Lynne Bama’s new book of poetry and photographs, Yellowstone Rising; and Paonia’s Mary Bear Volk celebrates 99 years.
- Jonathan Thompson on Was the Bears Ears designation a victory?
- Wesley Glassgow on What Standing Rock meant for those who took part
- Greg Lind on Was the Bears Ears designation a victory?
- Kele Lampe on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Angela Sondenaa on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon