Items by Jim Downing
Mike Delamore of the Bureau of Reclamation is trying to solve what seems an impossible problem: draining the salt building up on California's farmland while protecting water quality in the San Francisco Bay Delta.
The Forest Service has received more than 200 appeals of the Sierra Nevada Framework, but instead of coming from environmental groups, as usual, most come from people in small towns like Tulare and Visalia, California.
Forest Service fire specialist Berni Bahro talks about fuels management in the forest under the new Sierra Nevada Framework.
- Patrick Kelly on In Washington, the 'necessity defense' on trial alongside activists
- John W Stephens on A new and more dangerous Sagebrush Rebellion
- Butch Kallem on Should this national monument become a national park?
- Jim Scarborough on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Thomas Vonalten on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency