Items by Jeremy Miller
In the wake of recent oil-train derailments, Skagit County wants Shell to do a full environmental review.
North Dakota and Texas fields could be at a fraction of current productivity by 2040, says a new report.
As production from unconventional reserves ramps up, students are flooding into university and technical programs supporting oil and gas development.
Oil refineries pose serious health hazards for nearby residents as well as workers, as the recent explosion in Richmond and other incidents, like one in Sinclair, Wyo., have made clear.
Calgary-based U.S. Oil Sands says it's ready to take its exploratory effort in eastern Utah’s Tavaputs Plateau commercial.
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans