Items by Jeremy Miller
In the wake of recent oil-train derailments, Skagit County wants Shell to do a full environmental review.
North Dakota and Texas fields could be at a fraction of current productivity by 2040, says a new report.
As production from unconventional reserves ramps up, students are flooding into university and technical programs supporting oil and gas development.
Oil refineries pose serious health hazards for nearby residents as well as workers, as the recent explosion in Richmond and other incidents, like one in Sinclair, Wyo., have made clear.
Calgary-based U.S. Oil Sands says it's ready to take its exploratory effort in eastern Utah’s Tavaputs Plateau commercial.
- Tom Schweich on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Adam Hannuksela on Tracking grazing’s impacts on bugs
- Carol Bartlett on Idaho and BLM flout conservation laws for fallen officers
- John W Stephens on Animas River spill: only the latest in 150 years of pollution
- Mark Bailey on Why is bad science protecting the Lower Snake River dams?