Items by Jeff Ruch
The Environmental Protection Agency’s quiet efforts to dismantle its own technical libraries are likely to hamstring scientific research – and freedom of thought – across the nation, Jeff Ruch warns.
The writer decries a recent Supreme Court decision that will tend to muzzle whistleblowers within government
The writer criticizes the government’s plan to solicit donations for national parks from the public, concessionaires and corporations
Through its push for privatization, the Bush administration is quietly engineering a corporate takeover of the federal government – one that will have harsh consequences for land management, national parks, scientific integrity and workforce diversity
- Jim Scarborough on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- on Feds opt not to list Mono Basin sage grouse
- Chase Gunnell on Will the Northwest Forest Plan come undone?
- Arnold Weissberg on Ranch Diaries: Building community in the middle of nowhere
- Steve Snyder on Only 40 years ago, the Earth got its day