Items by Jeff Milchen
The Montana Supreme Court argues that corporations are not "persons" as it reaffirms the state’s almost-century-old Corrupt Practices Act.
The writer thinks corporations in places like Sandy, Utah, can exert too much influence over ballot questions
The writer attacks a mining company for bankrolling a ballot initiative in Montana that would allow cyanide heap-leach mining to resume
Bozeman, Mont., is one of over 175 communities in the U.S. that have passed resolutions opposing the Patriot Act
- David DuBois on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Dennis Jones on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Peter Sandrock on Reflecting on the tragedy of the young 'invincibles'
- Roy Frybarger on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Julia Duin on Charles Bowden on The War Next Door