Items by Jeff Milchen
The Montana Supreme Court argues that corporations are not "persons" as it reaffirms the state’s almost-century-old Corrupt Practices Act.
The writer thinks corporations in places like Sandy, Utah, can exert too much influence over ballot questions
The writer attacks a mining company for bankrolling a ballot initiative in Montana that would allow cyanide heap-leach mining to resume
Bozeman, Mont., is one of over 175 communities in the U.S. that have passed resolutions opposing the Patriot Act
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands