Items by Jared Blackley
Terry Tempest Williams celebrates Rwanda, mosaics and Utah prairie dogs in her new book, Finding Beauty in a Broken World.
In Riding Toward Everywhere, William T. Vollman describes his adventures rambling by freight train across the West.
Michael Blake’s new nonfiction book, Indian Yell, fails to live up to its ambitious subtitle, “The Heart of an American Insurgency,” with its quick tour of 12 battles between the U.S. Cavalry and American Indians.
- Jonathan Thompson on Was the Bears Ears designation a victory?
- Wesley Glassgow on What Standing Rock meant for those who took part
- Greg Lind on Was the Bears Ears designation a victory?
- Kele Lampe on Inauguration day in a county that flipped blue to red
- Angela Sondenaa on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon