Items by Jared Blackley
Terry Tempest Williams celebrates Rwanda, mosaics and Utah prairie dogs in her new book, Finding Beauty in a Broken World.
In Riding Toward Everywhere, William T. Vollman describes his adventures rambling by freight train across the West.
Michael Blake’s new nonfiction book, Indian Yell, fails to live up to its ambitious subtitle, “The Heart of an American Insurgency,” with its quick tour of 12 battles between the U.S. Cavalry and American Indians.
- David DuBois on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Dennis Jones on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Peter Sandrock on Reflecting on the tragedy of the young 'invincibles'
- Roy Frybarger on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Julia Duin on Charles Bowden on The War Next Door