Items by Jane Koerner
After a fallen boulder pins her leg to the ground, a hiker learns the hard way how important it is to hike with friends, or at least to leave notes about where you are going.
When you're out of work and homeless, it's inspiring to remember young wanderers like Everett Ruess, even if he never returned from his mysterious sojourn in the canyon country of Utah.
- Krista Jordan on A Western lesson from Cecil the lion: trophy seekers aren't hunters
- John Pawlilkowski on Top 10 reasons not to move to Bozeman
- Greg D. Lind on Biking the line between wilderness and civilization
- Greg D. Lind on Readers’ essays on favorite spots to recreate
- Greg D. Lind on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road