Items by James Yearling
Geothermal power heats up in Reno, Nev., as the West begins to pay more attention to its underground energy resources.
Arizona's state fish is about to become the first fish removed from the endangered species list as a result of successful recovery.
The Bureau of Land Management pulls parcels from a Utah lease sale -- but the action may not mean what conservationists think it does.
This fall, Colorado's iconic aspen are more brown than golden -- the trees are succumbing to a mysterious die-off.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought