Items by James Yearling
Geothermal power heats up in Reno, Nev., as the West begins to pay more attention to its underground energy resources.
Arizona's state fish is about to become the first fish removed from the endangered species list as a result of successful recovery.
The Bureau of Land Management pulls parcels from a Utah lease sale -- but the action may not mean what conservationists think it does.
This fall, Colorado's iconic aspen are more brown than golden -- the trees are succumbing to a mysterious die-off.
- Josh Zaffos on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- Dale Lockwood on Reckoning at Standing Rock
- David W Hamilton on What we’re reading about the Bundy trial in Oregon
- Clay Dusel on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- David W Hamilton on ‘These big dreams to have everyone prosper’