Items by James Mills
Aaron Mair hopes to shift the club’s mission toward policies that better include the needs and values of minorities.
Minorities, millennials and urbanites are less likely to visit national parks than upwardly mobile, white baby-boomers.
The National Outdoor Leadership School hopes to raise awareness by sending an African-American team to summit Denali
A new film follows African American seniors in Yosemite, raising awareness of national parks among people of color
One man's quest to understand why people of color are underrepresented in outdoor recreation and the conservation movement.
- Jane Shafroth on Rants from the Hill: The aliens that make Nevada home
- Irene S on No direction home
- Richard Crow on Ranch Diaries: Why cowboy life is intense
- Richard Crow on Mass shootings in Western states, by the numbers
- Mary Mcallister on Wildland restoration is like marriage: An imperfect work in progress