Items by James Mills
Aaron Mair hopes to shift the club’s mission toward policies that better include the needs and values of minorities.
Minorities, millennials and urbanites are less likely to visit national parks than upwardly mobile, white baby-boomers.
The National Outdoor Leadership School hopes to raise awareness by sending an African-American team to summit Denali
A new film follows African American seniors in Yosemite, raising awareness of national parks among people of color
One man's quest to understand why people of color are underrepresented in outdoor recreation and the conservation movement.
- John H Marble on The view from the top of the food chain
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Kate Schimel on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Doug Pineo on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas
- Stephen/Kathlee Martinek on The life of a once-lost dog