Items by J.R. Logan
Centuries-old traditions offer guidance for water managers seeking resilience in an uncertain future.
How mobilizing a small army of locals could nurture grassroots support for large-scale thinning efforts.
In an increasingly arid West, snow-making becomes a more important component of a ski area’s operating plan. But they need water to make snow, and getting it isn’t always easy.
- Josh Zaffos on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- Dale Lockwood on Reckoning at Standing Rock
- David W Hamilton on What we’re reading about the Bundy trial in Oregon
- Clay Dusel on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- David W Hamilton on ‘These big dreams to have everyone prosper’