Items by High Country News
For an agency that researches non-lethal predator control, they sure kill a lot of critters. HCN writers discuss an agency trying to rethink its role.
Behind a lot of anti-fed sentiment, you’ll find ‘constitutional’ peace officers. Here’s why that’s worrying.
The remaining occupiers and their supporters speak live as FBI closes in on the Malheur wildlife refuge.
Connecting the dots within a vast right-wing network of militia members, state and local politicians, and others.
The Oregon occupation, the 2014 Bundy standoff and many other stories are all related to a long-simmering movement.
From the Animas to Washington wildfire, here are the stories that our readers spent most time on in 2015.
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock
- Steve Snyder on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report