Items by HCN Staff
Today, Indian country is in the midst of a 1990s-style revolution that is likely to have a lasting impact.
When the dust settles a year or so from now, it is likely that the struggle over the proposed Two Forks Dam on the Front Range of Colorado will rank with the fights to stop the damming of the Grand Canyon and to halt the construction of the huge coal-fired power plant once proposed for Utah's Kaiparowitz Plateau.
- Todd Leeds on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Candy Odiorne on Why are Western attorneys general going rogue?
- Carol Bartlett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Matt Chew on The beaver whisperer
- Mike Sennett on Ducks Unlimited fires writer over stream access fracas