Items by Debra Utacia Krol
$1 billion tribal settlement mostly goes to individuals, although tribe-wide investments would have greater benefit.
In his new book, In the Courts of the Conqueror, Walter Echo-Hawk discusses the 10 worst Indian law cases ever decided.
Paul VanDevelder digs into the rotten core of the American experience in his new book, Savages & Scoundrels: The Untold Story of America's Road to Empire through Indian Territory.
The traditional lifestyles of several Northern California tribes are threatened by a pathogen that is killing off oak trees.
Cheewa James digs into the little-known history of her own people: the Modoc Indians of southern Oregon’s Klamath Valley.
- Mark Solomon on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Sarah Tory on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Heather Brenner on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Louis F Good on Navajo election shakes up Grand Canyon development plans
- Warren Anderson on Canadian water for California’s drought?