Items by Dave Philipps
Activists push compromise as the controversial federal mustang management program reaches a breaking point, with more horses in captivity than roam the range.
Proposal will cost just as much as long-term storage of captive horses, and can only take a small number of those now stuck on government pastures
- Tom Schweich on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Adam Hannuksela on Tracking grazing’s impacts on bugs
- Carol Bartlett on Idaho and BLM flout conservation laws for fallen officers
- John W Stephens on Animas River spill: only the latest in 150 years of pollution
- Mark Bailey on Why is bad science protecting the Lower Snake River dams?