Items by Dan Egan
Entrepreneur Mike Ferguson opens "Yellowstone Bear World" in Rexburg, Idaho, aiming to recreate the old "begging bear" days of the 1950s Yellowstone for today's tourists.
The installation of cellular transmitters in Yellowstone National Park means hikers can now use cellular phones on the trails.
Conservationist Jon Marvel bid against rancher Mike Ward over a 10-year lease, raising the fee to $12,050, then folded and declared victory.
Winter tourists on snowmobiles are giving Yellowstone National Park the worst air pollution in the country.
A newly released tape of the encounter of three federal agents with Idaho rancher Eugene Hussey over the killing of a wolf proves that the "feds" were not aggressors.
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking