Items by Dan Egan
Entrepreneur Mike Ferguson opens "Yellowstone Bear World" in Rexburg, Idaho, aiming to recreate the old "begging bear" days of the 1950s Yellowstone for today's tourists.
The installation of cellular transmitters in Yellowstone National Park means hikers can now use cellular phones on the trails.
Conservationist Jon Marvel bid against rancher Mike Ward over a 10-year lease, raising the fee to $12,050, then folded and declared victory.
Winter tourists on snowmobiles are giving Yellowstone National Park the worst air pollution in the country.
A newly released tape of the encounter of three federal agents with Idaho rancher Eugene Hussey over the killing of a wolf proves that the "feds" were not aggressors.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town