Items by Craig Welch
Some of the more dramatic recent arrests involving wildlife trafficking in the Western U.S. are briefly described.
A National Park Service scientist complains that there are no reliable statistics on grizzly populations in Yellowstone.
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics