Items by Craig Welch
Some of the more dramatic recent arrests involving wildlife trafficking in the Western U.S. are briefly described.
A National Park Service scientist complains that there are no reliable statistics on grizzly populations in Yellowstone.
- Steve Snyder on Making a monument from scratch
- Deb Dedon on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- Deb Dedon on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking